Sunday, January 6, 2008

The Process of Painting




Sometimes an images will flash across the movie screen, the tv screen, the novel page, the neuron connections, my dreams, my wakes and will ingrain its tiny self into some part of the gray folds of memory, and then one moment it chooses to emerge and paint itself onto my canvas. This is what has come out lately...it's my goal to finish it this week and then to sell it because the inspiration behind it haunts me a little too much to have it hanging freely about my bedroom, my living room, or any other room...

The faces are blank, although I know exactly what they should look like, I just don't know if I want to create it and have it out there in the world...and yet again, maybe it's exactly what I need to do.

It's gonna be a good week.

1 comment:

Jason and Emily said...

Thank you for explaining your painting a little bit. People like art for all sorts of reasons, but mine is connection. I completely turn off when an artist decides not to let the viewer in to the process, the why, the who... I feel like it's an exchange. I am blessing the artist to give him/her my time, heart, love, curiosity. I ask the same in return from the artist.

Your story behind this is personal and I respect that you let us know as much as you did.