I thought I would give a short recap on Halloween. First of all, my sister stole the show...she usually does. She won best costume and best personality and best friend and best sister and best diplomat and best comedian and well....I could go on.
She threw a party on Saturday and asked me to be in charge of one thing. Yep, one thing. She asked me to make up little things to do and put them in balloons. Then, during key parts of the evening, people would have to pop a balloon and do what the paper said. April was giving me suggestions like "chug a beer" and "do a jello shot" but since I try NOT to recreate a Frat House atmosphere in my home, I told April to sit back and relax and let me do my thing.
Here is a list of what I came up with. These friends of hers were really just expecting to do shots, so when they opened it up and saw these, it was priceless to see people I barely knew acting out my imagination. I wish you could have been there.
1. Call out "group hug" and then enforce it
2. Grimace painfully while smacking your forehead and muttering "shut up! all of you just shut up!"
3. Shout out "help I'm a beautiful butterfly"
4. Answer's people's questions to you with other questions all night long
5. Stick your fist in your mouth....yep all of it!
6. Pretend you are a flight attendant and review the safety instructions with everyone at the party
7. Start the wave
8. Hum the music from jaws and chase after someone making your hands into a big fin
9. Imitate the voice of the next person you speak to, while you are speaking to them
10. Trade two accessories on two different party guests to "spice things up" and yes, I want you to say, "I'm doing this to spice things up."
11. Keep yelling "marco" until someone responds "polo"
12. Respond "i shall not be swayed by your sweet words" to three different people throughout the evening"
13. Next time someone laughs, yell "hit the ground" and then you have to hit the ground and cover your head
14. Start a standing ovation
15. Pretend your hand is a puppet and have a conversation
16. Make explosion noises whenever someone laughs
17. Mime, yep, mime
18. Practice a marriage proposal on someone at the party
Anyway, as the photographer of the party, there is rarely a good picture taken of me. Here is one I found that is not that great of me--I am not paying attention and whatever....BUT I am wearing the cool hat I got in an Argentine antique store! Nice, huh? I was Sylvia Plath...yeah, um, no one knows who that is apparently.