Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Great Koko--What a W-O-MAN!!!!


Ok, all you W-O-MEN out there. You need to go to your computer (wait, you're reading this, so you're already there, excellent!) and you need to download Koko Taylor's all time marvelous song "I'm a Woman" and you need to blast it while singing and dancing to it at the top of your lungs (preferably while you are making dinner so that you can use that wooden spoon as the microphone it was always meant to be.)

And then, you'll be just how I was tonight.

Yep, while making my dinner, I found my theme song for the year. I only found one small video of it on youtube, but honestly, I think little Raven Simone has about as much attitude at 4 as it took me 31 years to get. I have a slightly better groove, only cause my curves are right....


SERIOUSLY, IT'S THE MOST FUN YOU'LL HAVE ALL EVENING!!!!!




When I was a little girl Only twelve years old
Couldn't do nothing
to save my dog gone soul
My mama told me.
the day I was grown
She says "Sing the blues child, Sing it from now on".

I'm a woman,
oh yeah
I'm a woman, I'm a ball of fire
I'm a woman, I can make love to a crocodile
I'm a woman, I can sing the blues
I'm a woman, I can change old to new
Spell w o man,
Oh yeah
That means I'm grown

I'm a woman, I'm a rushing wind
I'm a woman, I can cut stone with a pin
I'm a woman, I'm a love maker
I'm a woman, you know I'm an earth shaker

SOLO

I'm a woman, I'm a rushing wind
I'm a woman, I can cut stone with a pin
I'm a woman, I know my stuff
I'm a woman, I ain't never had enough

I'm going down yonder, behind the sun
I'm gonna do something for you, that ain't never been done
I'm gonna hold back the lightning, with the palm of my hand
Shake hands with the devil, make him crawl in the sand

I'm a woman, oh yeah
I'm a woman,
I'm a ball of fire
I'm a woman,
I can make love to a crcodile
I'm a woman,
I'm a love maker
I'm a woman,
you know I'm an earth shaker
OH oh oh oh
I'm a woman

7 comments:

jo said...

ok, this song is awesome. download complete, but i think i'll wait to blast and sing it until the kiddies are awake, otherwise i'm going to be a woman with two grumpies on her hands.
you're on fire, d'arcy!

skippylongjacket said...

It really was the most fun I had all night! I AM an earth shaker and glad to know a fellow one as well! Love you D!

Kjrstin said...

this is a year of soul, fo sho. thanks for the song... definitely a worthy download and belt-out!

Kristan said...

HAHA oh Cosby Show, how I love thee.

Beautiful photo shot. Totally worth the cold. (And so easy for me to say that, since I didn't have to be in it!)

Kristan said...

Oops, that second part of that was (a) supposed to say "shoot" and (b) supposed to be for the next post!

Fletch said...

Do you sing this song everytime you make dinner? Dang, girl, you have way too much energy. I don't think you're eating enough sugar. You should try it sometime. Sure, it gives you a temporary high, but afterwards there is the low, and then the crash. That is the story of my life...I think they are going to make it into an afterschool special about a mom addicted to sugar who is too tired by dinner time to even open a can of spaghetti o's, so the kids learn how to pour themselves bowls of cocoa puffs every night and thus find themselves on the long, dismal path of following in their poor mother's footsteps, therefore perpetuating the cycle...
Maybe I should sing more when I make dinner. (But nobody wants to hear that...I have a terrible voice.)

PS...Sorry this is a crazy, random comment, but if fits my mood at the moment.

Happy New Year, D'Arce!

Unknown said...

YES girls, blast away....especially with your New Year's tiredness taking affect this morning! Ack!


Jenn, I do this EVERY night, and EVERY morning, and the neighbors are starting to follow suit and I am like a soulful version of that girl from Enchanted and all the dogs and bugs and furry things sing around my window all the time....even doves....and their going to write a MUSICAL about my life and the inspiration that one soulful girl can give to America. And "they" will air it right after your after school "Serial Sugar" and it will help all recovering Sugar addicts find a safe place to focus their newfound energy....


wow, after only five hours of sleep, I didn't think I had THAT in me.


HNY to you too. Yep, I'm makin' it an acronym!