Saturday, December 29, 2007

Happy New Year!



Dear Friends and Family,

In thinking about the very New Year that is almost upon us, I can't help but reflect on the old year I am leaving behind. I wanted to send a card, or somehow express in words what a year this has been for me, but I am having a hard time capturing it on paper. Thus, I decided to let my pictures tell you the tale of my year. I have just updated my photography blog with the "Best of 2007" photos. I would love for you to take a look, that way you can see how the cultures of the world continue to enchant and change me, the people of the world continue to delight and impress me, and the spirit of the world continues to challenge and encourage me.

Happy New Year.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Hey D'Arcy! This is Jenn Hunt(now Jenn Stansel) that you taught on your mission. Your photography is great. I would love to know how to take better pictures, like professional quality. The pictures you had in "cool color"...those are my favorite. How do you do that anyway? Let me know if you have any pointers, or if there is an online site or book that I can look at.

I see that you are a teacher, how is that? What grade do you teach? Get back with me! By the way, we have a blog, it's: http://www.ourstanselstencils.blogspot.com

Hope to talk to you soon, and happy new year!

Marie said...

Wow -- what a remarkable year you had! I especially the guy kissing the baby foot and the cross-section of the wood pile and the Alhambra and the swans and... great shots.

Happy New Year to you -- may it be even spectacular-er.