Saturday, July 19, 2008

Mamma Mia! The Best Fun You'll Have All Summer

So, my friend and I broke the mold and went to see a musical last night when most of America was seeing a man dressed as a bat. We were NOT disappointed! Meryl held up her end of the movie, the girl who played Sophie rocked the "Honey Honey" song so much that you just fell in love with her. Pierce Bronson...who knew he could sing! He got so into it I thought he would burst a blood vessel! And, for all you Pride and Prejudice fans, you get to see Colin Firth in yet another WET white shirt...you know you love it!

So what are you waiting for? You'll be singing along! You'll be dancing in the aisles next to all the gay men who are adoring Colin right along with you (seriously lack of women at the showing I went to last night...but really good company!) You'll want to feather your hair, move to Greece, wear bellbottom pants, and platform boots! That's right....go on, go see it! Mamma Mia it's good!

14 comments:

Sugar Jones said...

I have been DYING for this movie to come out! Going for a Chick Flick night this week sometime. I can hardly wait to see the wet t-shirted Colin. O Si Mamma Mia!

Have some cool people to tell you all about... very moving day yesterday, before the wine started flowing. :)

Stina said...

Thanks for the review! I want to see this movie as well as the Batman one. We went to see WALL*E this week - it was very cute!

Diane Walker said...

It was worth the price of admission to see Pierce Brosnan in that jumpsuit at the song the played during the credits. AMAZING!

jo said...

i'm so glad you reviewed this movie for us! it sounds like so much fun.

arbee said...

Thanks for the review! I'm happy to hear that it is worth seeing. Now there's two movies I have to see - Batman and Mamma Mia! Good thing that I take a break from studying on the weekends...

Oh - yes, I'm a CF fan...P&P, Bridget Jones, What a Girl Wants; and yes, I am completely pathetic! :)

p.s. Now I'll just slink away and listen to my ABBA Gold CD...

Sugar Jones said...

Just found out our Hip Chicks book club is going to see this, but not until the 31st. Oh well... I guess I'll have to wait to see Pierce in a jump suit! Oh, and again, Colin in a wet t-shirt, right? Oh yeah...

Olivia said...

lol, I was already wanting to see it...now all I need is a babysitter...

Sugar Jones said...

Yo, Big D! Get your butt on Twitter so we can read about how fabulous your NY experience is. Enquiring minds wanna know!

HWHL said...

I may have to go see this one "solo"... Hubster has zero desire to see this but I really do! Isn't the girl from "Big Love" in it? (I really like that show.... one of the very few TV shows that I watch, and enjoy...)

And Colin Firth.... he always makes me swoon.... ;-)

Hey, It's Ansley said...

I saw this with 2 friends and by the end of the movie, it felt like I was seeing it with 200 friends. The whole theater laughed and gasped together. I think we even sang together a bit. So fun! I don't think there is any more glitter left in the world now.

Sugar Jones said...

D'Arcy: Either Twitter or Post... or I'm gonna start throwing monkey poop at you! I miss you!

Boquinha said...

EVERY review I hear of this movie says that it just makes you happy! We're so excited to see it!!

Boquinha said...

Oh and I ADORE Colin Firth.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely LOVED that movie!!!
My mom and I went to see it, and we plan on seeing it again and buying the DVD when it comes out. My favorite songs are all by Sophie actually and thats really cool that you went and saw it also.